In the Greek Islands, the skies are blue and a traveler’s life is easy, breezy, beautiful—and full of adventure. From hiking coastal paths to kayaking the Santoríni caldera, here are the top 10 reasons to explore the Cyclades with us.
1. Hike along the soaring cliffs of the Cyclades and take in endless views of the Aegean Sea. We’ll trace the coast on scenic hiking trails, including a spectacular trek along the rugged rim of Santoríni’s volcanic caldera.
2. Spend an exhilarating day at sea, sailing from lush Náxos—the largest of the Cyclades—to secluded beaches and bays. Swim in crystalline emerald waters and try your hand at trimming the sails.
3. Visit the Acropolis and discover the UNESCO World Heritage site that many consider the greatest ancient monument of the Western world. See the Parthenon temple, built for the goddess Athena, and delve into ancient Greek history at the New Acropolis Museum.
4. Savor the fresh flavors of Greek cuisine. Taste island specialties, from freshly picked produce to local cheeses, meats, and wine.
5. Soak up the beauty of Santoríni from a different angle: Kayak its western coast, paddling past the dramatic white crags of the volcanic seascape.
6. Lose yourself in the labyrinthine alleyways of Oia, a traditional blue-domed village that cascades down a craggy hillside. Be dazzled by the picture-perfect island sunset.
7. Venture into the Minoan Bronze Age settlement of Akrotiri, which was buried by volcanic ash in the 17th century B.C. Examine ash-preserved frescoes and other fine artwork in the company of a local guide.
8. Gaze out over the azure Aegean in style, indulging in the supreme comfort of our boutique hotel accommodations.
9. Peer through Portara, a mysterious 2,500-year-old marble doorway on Náxos island. Ponder its meaning; myth holds that the Minoan princess Ariadne was abandoned here by her lover.
10. Relax, enjoy captivating company, and breathe in the sense of tranquility that prevails throughout the Greek Islands.