Traveling by classic train evokes a sense of nostalgia and adventure. With a National Geographic expert on board, the landscapes that you pass through take on a whole new depth and meaning. From the comfort of a private luxury train, you'll cover vast distances with ease, visit remote towns and villages, and observe everyday life against an ever-changing backdrop. Experience the journey of a lifetime on the legendary Trans-Siberian Railway, or travel aboard a train built in the royal style of the maharajas to explore India's fabled cities. No matter which of our rail trips you choose, one of the greatest pleasures is the journey itself.
Travel the world with our experts on our flagship expeditions by land, train, private jet, or on board our fleet of small ships.
· Include photography trips and workshops, private expeditions for independent travelers, and family trips.
· Led by a National Geographic expert or expedition team
· High level of service and special access to sites
· Accommodations are world-class or best available
· Most activities and meals included
Our newest trips, offered with G Adventures, blend fun, hands-on exploration, meaningful encounters, and more free time and choices. Our Journeys are led by knowledgeable local guides, feature small groups and accessible prices, and bring you closer to people and cultures all around the world.
· Led by a knowledgeable local guide
· Featuring mid-range hotels and inns chosen for convenience and value
· Some activities and meals included
· Built-in free time and choices
· Generally limited to 16 travelers
· Offered at an incredible value
All trip prices are per person based on double occupancy, are subject to change without notice and do not include airfare. All prices and fares are quoted in U.S. dollars.
Select your travel style--whether it's our signature expeditions, our active outdoors adventures, or our lower-priced journeys. Or choose how you want to travel: by train or small ship, on an expedition geared for photographers or for families, and more.